Monday 19 October 2009

Newspaper Table



I wanted to do something different as a bedside table, so I spent weeks cutting out newspaper headlines, cartoons, and articles which amused me or was very revelent to the current times. Such as headlines from the MPs expences scandle, swine flu headlines and the league table where my rugby team finished first. I then glued (using PVA glue) each cutting to the table and arranged them so some overlapped and the key headings were where I wanted to see them. I Then let that dry (for about 24 hours) and then painted a layer of clear varnish over the top and then let that dry then repeated the varnishing untill you couldn't feel the lines in between the changes of articles.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, good job :)

    ReplyDelete